Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Now what?

Its almost 2am, and I have just finished the cake and the fudge icing.

Photobucket

As you can see, it is on foil on a tray.  The fudge icing is liquid and it pools as it is poured, and that is why the foil is there - to catch the excess.  I have to get the cake off the foil and onto a plate without breaking it.  I simply can't think how to do it.  I'm going to bed now in the feeble hope that inspiration will come to me in my dreams.  

There HAS to be a way of doing it.  I just wish I knew what it was.

Another thing.  As some ladies are on diet or diabetic, I bought a plain sponge flan base, some cherries in natural juice and diabetic raspberry jelly.  I made the jelly with the juice the cherries were packed in.  The cherries were larger than I thought and they look wrong.  Next time I will cut them up into smaller pieces.  

I've been very open about my culinary mishaps in the vague hope that my children at least will learn from my mistakes.  A flop is as much a valuable teaching tool as a success.  OK, I might feel a bit embarrassed, but how important is a bit of embarrassment in a good cause?  Not very important, really.  

No comments: