Thursday, September 28, 2006

Dog story in Newspaper

After Brakkie's attack, when I had calmed down, I realised that there were people who needed to be thanked for their help, so I wrote to the editor of the local newspaper asking him to publish a letter of thanks as I did not know the names of most of the wonderful people involved.

To my surprise, they sent a photographer round, and today there is a nice story about it on page 2 of the Folkestone Herald. I hope that the people who well deserve thanks will see it. I thought that the way ordinary Folkestone people jumped in to help in a harrowing situation said something quite profound - that although there are always ghastly stories in the news, we should never forget just how great the 'ordinary' person is. That is something that is far too easy to lose sight of.

No comments: