Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Time

I usually go to Downside with Sean for the annual Old Boys Easter Retreat, but this year he went with his sister. My mum is away and Caelyn wanted a representative of the Wrinkly Generation to come to her house to celebrate Easter Sunday. So I did, and enjoyed it too, but next year will go with Sean again, God willing. I had a wonderful weekend but it was too much physically and I have been in bed with "payback" since then. "Payback" isn't pleasant, but sometimes its worth it, and this was definitely worth it, so no complaints from me.

These were taken at Caelyn's house on Easter Sunday
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Teresa Jayne wanting her Fat Granny
Photobucket

When we think of being outdoors en famille, Lathe Barn has to feature. We went there on Easter Monday. Sean had come home early from Downside then drove down to us. He gets withdrawal symptoms if he doesn't see the kids regularly.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally, I'm sorry to tell you this mother dear, but Granny Whoops aka Madam Butterball, doesn't seem to be missing you at all! In the circumstances though, you'll agree that that isn't actually a bad thing. She's as sweet as pie and a very dear and lovable old lady.

Photobucket

She loves running on the Leas, or ambling around sniffing different things. Her tongue sticks out on the side of her mouth and looks very funny. She barks and runs after balls and has been throwing small soft toys into the air. She is very lovable but she finds security in Benny and me. She is the one I am dreading leaving tomorrow when I go up to Sean's. I know she will be very well looked after but she has developed a trust in me and I don't want her to be upset.

I ache everywhere now and my glands are sore so I'd better settle down for another sleep. Thats all I've been doing, and it doesn't actually help because when I wake up I feel just as bad as when I went to sleep in the first place. Even though I know sleep doesn't make me feel better, its irresistible and can't be fought against. Its an overwhelming need.

Sick or not, life is good. God is good. Alleluia!

No comments: