Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Rag Doll Time

The defining symptom of M.E is Post Exertional Malaise, and it is thought to happen because of changes to the mitochondria, which are the energy producing organelles in every cell we have.

I have been feeling better lately and have therefore been doing more. Who wants a life full of restrictions? Not me, thats for sure. Feeling well is such a rare thing that I grab it with both hands and enjoy it to the full.

But I think I got carried away. I did a fair bit of housework on Saturday. Then there was the fun of taking the kids to Lathe Barn on Sunday, and yesterday, Monday, I had a difficult and quite long dental procedure, which left my body shaking quite a lot. When I got back, I slept for some hours but the sleep didn't help make me feel better. Today I woke up at 12 noon, got dressed and washed the dishes and am in bed again with soreness and feeling limp as a rag doll. I feel the need to sleep, but although biology may force the issue, I don't want to do it because sleeping doesn't alleviate anything.

I hope to feel well enough to see Sean tomorrow.

No comments: