Thursday, April 15, 2010

No Internet for a while

There is nothing for it. I am having to reformat my laptop due to accumulated system errors. This is a mega pain in the posterior and I wish I could delay it until my desktop computer comes back from the repair man. But that is sadly not to be. I will not be on the Internet until it is done.

I am doing a Back Up this evening.

Then I will put Vista back, put my Antivirus program back, download Vista Service Packs 1 and 2 plus Tuesday's 11 Critical updates. Then the dotNet framework. Then Opera, Picasa, Photoshop and lots of other disk based purchased software, plus those you download off the Internet. Then reinstall the Printer, mouse etc. My Office discs are licensed for 2 computers and my son in law has the disks, and has moved house since getting them. So as and when Nigel tracks them down, they will have to be reinstalled too. It takes hours of sitting by the computer while doing all this, and until most of it is done, the computer shouldn't really be used. I will have to invest in something like Aconis True Copy as the thought of doing all this is sending me into a decline!

Wish me strength!!!

I'm quickly going to post a couple of cute photos I took today just in case I lose them in the Back Up process.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: