Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Sinful Peppermint Fridge Tart

This is a favourite South African recipe and it is very high calorie, so should only be used on exceptional occasions.  I'd forgotten about it until my Mum said she had seen a Tennis Biscuit substitute on a market stall, and bought some.  She said it made her long for fridge tart, but Peppermint Crisp isn't generally available in the UK.  I said I knew of a shop in Tonbridge that sells them, and I will get some on Thursday.  But what about the Caramel?  Ah ha!  I have bought Carnation Caramel in Morrisons in Folkestone, and I will get some of that too.  I have a birthday coming up shortly and the plan is to indulge ourselves.  Don't worry - no one will get very much, with the kids around.

  • PEPPERMINT FRIDGE TART

    1 x 200g Tea Lovers biscuits (uk subsitute for Tennis)
    1 X Peppermint Crisp
    2 x 250 ml fresh cream
    1 x 395g tin Carnation Caramel (looks like their Condensed Milk)

    Method.

    Arrange the biscuits in a greased tart dish.
    Whip the cream until stiff and then add in the caramel.
    Pour half of the mixture over the biscuits.
    Grate a layer of chocolate over.
    Arrange another layer of biscuits on top of the chocolate.
    Then add other half of mixture.
    Add some crushed biscuits.
    Decorate with cream and grated peppermint crisp.
    Allow to set in the fridge overnight.

No comments: