Tuesday, November 03, 2009

A Fishy Tale

Tuna is a good source of protein, so when I saw a pack of three tins on Special, I bought them. I had dinner with Terrie last night and I took the tuna for us to have with a baked potato. When we opened the tin, it looked awful, like dark red/brown mince. We couldn't face that so we used one of Terrie's good tins of tuna, and we enjoyed our dinner.

The dog licked our plates clean, so we offered him the tin of the dodgy looking tuna, and he wouldn't touch it.

I have been worried about my old cat, Madam Spikkeldy, as her fur hasn't been looking right, so I decided to give her a tin of tuna every week, with the addition of some Cod Liver Oil. I opened the final tin of the dodgy looking tuna, and she wouldn't touch it either. This leads me to the conclusion that, having been refused by two animals who normally love tuna, there is something wrong with it, and I won't buy that brand ever again.

There is a sting in the tail to this sorry saga, and it concerns the Cod Liver Oil. It is very cold at the moment, so the capsules were hard and brittle instead of being soft. I snipped one open to put in Madam Spikkeldy's dinner and it spurted at me. It was on my face and spectacles, and in my hair! I really didn't enjoy that at all.

1 comment:

Kittie Howard said...

Sorry, but it's cute about the splurting cod liver oil, and a nice ending to the posting. I've always found it amazing how animals can sniff out what will harm them. Must be something in that tuna, yuck!