Sunday, October 11, 2009

Michelle is in Pierrepont

Yesterday, my mum and I took Michelle to Ellel in Surrey to start a 10 week training course.  We got lost a couple of times and my mum got very tired, although she revived after a cup of tea.  The training school is in a Tudor mansion.  It is extensive and superb.  Exquisite.  

You can see Ellel's web page by clicking this link

Here are some pictures I took of the buildings and grounds :

Photobucket

Photobucket

Inglenook fireplace

Photobucket

The main building

Photobucket

Registration

Photobucket

Michelle at the entrance

Photobucket

After dropping her off, Josie and I travelled to Sean in Tonbridge.  He had cooked us some roast lamb, and it was very good.  Mum was very tired after all that driving and she needed to go to bed early, and she was well rested by the time she got up this morning.

Tomorrow, Sean is picking up the Bishop of Le Puy at Heathrow and they will sleep over in Tonbridge before setting off to Cambridge .  After that, he is going to speak at the Catholic Writers Guild. Sean has been working hard to get his house nice for thr Bishop, who probably wouldn't care about piles of books all over the place. 

Michelle phoned me tonight.  She loves Ellel and has met some fabulous people.  There is about 80 of them on the course, and Australia is very well represented.  She is in the highest room in the tallest tower (sorry, Shrek).  She had to sign a form agreeing not to smoke while she is there.  She and two other girls share a room, and they are early birds who started singing at 5 in the morning.  When she stirred, they invited her to come jogging with them.  Michelle is not a morning person!  Also, she has been put on washing up duty, which is another thing she doesn't like doing.  Poor kid!  I truly feel sorry for her as I know how I'd feel if I were in her situation.  Surprisingly, she isn't moaning about it, which at once makes her a hundred times better than me.

Good luck, sweetie.  Love you loads and am looking forward to seeing you soon.


My Shell
Photobucket

No comments: