Friday, April 17, 2009

Absolutely Incredible

My brother in Australia sent me a link to this YouTube video.  He told me to watch all the way through as it would be worth it, and he was right.  I was in tears of happiness and wonder by the end.  If your computer has speakers, watch it.  Its unbelievable.  Just click on the text below:

Susan Boyle

There is another song by her on the website of her local newspaper.

And here is a bit more about her:
Susan has lived alone with her cat Pebbles since her mum Bridget died two years ago at the age of 91.
She has admitted that she has never been on a date or even been kissed but she was too shy to discuss her spinster lifestyle on CBS.
“Aaah, no comment,” she said. “I don’t want to talk about that.”

Susan suffered a mild form of brain damage at birth and she admitted to Sawyer that she was bullied when she was younger. “They did a bit,” she said, “but they always do that with someone who is quiet and I tended to be quiet at school.
“Well, they have turned around. They are nice to me now, so we will move on from there.”

Susan said her friends and family were “gobsmacked” by her success.
And when Sawyer asked what she would say to her late parents if she could, she replied: “I would like to say thank you for supporting me over the years, thank you for looking after me and I hope I can make you proud.”

The church worker, from Blackburn, West Lothian, is now an internet hit, with her performance netting more than five million hits on YouTube.

There is more from her local paper here

SINGER Susan Boyle wowed everyone with her stunning performance on Britain's Got Talent - everyone except herself.

Watching the ITV1 show in her council house, she wasn't focusing on her amazing rendition of West End hit I Dreamed a Dream. The Scots sensation was too shocked at how she looked. Susan, 48, of Blackburn, West Lothian, said: "They say TV makes you look fat and it certainly did.

"I looked like a garage. It was mortifying to see and a bit of a shock. I didn't realise I could reduce people to tears and I hope it wasn't because of that."
But Susan - who has never had a boyfriend and was bullied because of her appearance while growing up - is determined not to let it upset her. She added: "I'm proud to be part of the show. It really is a dream come true."

Susan got a standing ovation when she walked into her local Catholic church for yesterday's Easter service. She said: "It was incredible. Although we sing in church, not a lot of them knew how good I was, so it was a bit of a shock to them.
"I'm a bit shy and retiring so they would never have known. It was very emotional. Everyone is very nice and it's lovely when all the kids stop me in the street to congratulate me."

No comments: