Friday, March 06, 2009

If it Should Be

Last cuddle with Michelle

Photobucket



If It Should Be


If it should be that I grow frail and weak
and pain should keep me from my sleep,
then you must do what must be done
for this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand
but don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than all the rest,
our love and friendship stand the test.

We've had so many happy years,
what is to come will hold no fears.
Now is the time, please let me go
You would not want me to suffer so.

So take me where my needs they'll tend,
only stay with me until the end.
Please hold me close and talk to me
until my eyes no longer see.

We've been so close over all these years,
don't let your heart hold any tears.
From pain and suffering I've been saved,
and now my tail its last had waved.

Please do not grieve it should be you
who must decide this thing to do -
I know in time that you will see
it is the greatest kindness you do for me.

Author Unknown

Last cuddle with Caelyn

Photobucket

Last cuddle with Sue

Photobucket

No comments: