Monday, October 23, 2006

An Anniversary


Today is the Anniversary of my friend June's death.
She is much in my thoughts, and I miss her a great deal.
She was a Gift to us and we are glad we were honoured with her love and friendship.

She was a lady who would do anything at all for a friend without thinking of her own convenience, and she never reminded anyone of what she had done for them. She delighted in service to others, and I am reminded of the verse "If you want to be great in God's Kingdom, learn to be the servant of all". She lived that!

I am glad that I have her little dog to remember her by, although of course we would remember her without him.

I like to think of her cradled safely in the loving arms of the Good Shepherd with no more pain, tears, illness or anything else like that. Perfectly at peace and well at last.

No comments: