Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Police Coming Tomorrow

The Police have been in touch about the attack on Brakkie on Saturday. They will come to take a statement from me tomorrow or on Thursday. I'd like them to tell the owner to put a muzzle on the dog when he is in public places.

The dog can't help his genes - he was bred to be a fighting dog. And I daresay his owner loves him and doesn't want him destroyed. Neither do I. But I do want people and animals to be safe from that dog. The fact that he was able to drag a struggling Brakkie in his mouth for such a distance with his owner dragging on the lead suggests to me that he is uncontrollable as well as unpredictable. He can't help his breeding but he can't be allowed to behave like that. It is dangerous. This time, fortuitously, Brakkie was more frightened than hurt. It could have been worse though. Brakkie could have been killed. Or it could have been a child wanting to pat the 'nice doggie', or a working dog such as a guide dog for the Blind.

He really must be muzzled in public places.

No comments: