Thursday, January 07, 2021

New Lockdown

Once again, the UK is under strict Lockdown, enforceable by law, due to the extra infectious Covid variant. It has been announced that school exams are cancelled this year due to too many interruptions in actual school time. One grandchild was sent home by the school with instructions to isolate as she had been in close contact with someone who tested positive. People who are vulnerable due to age or illness have to "shield" and have no personal contact. A lot of hope is being pinned on the vaccines and the government is trying to get as much of the population vaccinated in a short amount of time as possible.

Once again, my life has not changed. I'm doing domiciliary care work and my old ladies need me to go to them because they can't help themselves in many ways. I have been asked to take on an extra two clients but I've explained that the schedule is extra busy due to one lady being in her last days and needing more care. So my new clients can be visited four times a week until our case load gets easier. My dog comes with me and he is so good to the ladies and they really perk up when he runs to greet them. 

Another reason for being wary of over committing in work life is that I'm having health investigations and I need to be more certain about my abilities before I make promises I might not be able to keep.


No comments: