Friday, June 24, 2011

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!

I was asked not to say anything up until now, but Caelyn and Nigel are expecting another baby.  She went for a scan today, and has been given a 'due date' of 2 January.  The baby is developing well and everything is within normal limits, and this is the first pregnancy Caelyn has had that has ever been within normal limits.


Yet even that is odd because the child was conceived while Caelyn had the Implanon progesterone based contraceptive implant surgically implanted in her arm.  It was supposed to have protected her for 3 years but she conceived long before it was due to be replaced.  The child certainly wasn't planned.  Caelyn had been doing very well in her studies and her two bedroomed house was starting to be as she wanted it to be. We are in a recession and everything is much more expensive and wages are not keeping up.  They will have to move again, and they love their house and hate moving.  Studies may never happen because after the baby is born, the course will be unaffordable for them. Her kidney function is poor and will be strained further during a pregnancy.


There seems to be so much against it, but we all are deeply sure that this little one  is a special Gift from God.  The Implant is supposed to be foolproof, yet we are having a new baby in the family.  We welcome this gift with gladness, and thanksgiving.

Here is the little one, already 6cm long and sucking his or her thumb.  The magic of 12 weeks!  Bless you, little one, and may you continue to grow and flourish as God knits you together in the secrecy of your mother's womb. 

Psalm 139 verses 13 to 19
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 
My frame was not hidden from you

when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
 
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them! 

Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake, I am still with you.


Photobucket 
 

Implanon Wikipedia Quote:
In a comparison of birth control methods in terms of effectiveness in preventing pregnancy, Implanon is one of the most effective form of birth control currently available, along with Jadelle. 

The failure rate for Implanon is 0.04%, as observed in the UK, where only 584 women have reported unwanted pregnancies, out of 1.3 million who have used Implanon since 1999. This means that only 1 in 2,000 women using Implanon will become pregnant over the course of one year of use. Unlike other birth control methods, there is no differential for perfect use versus typical use, as no user action is required after insertion. Most cases of failure are due to incorrect insertion or insertion during pregnancy.
 

No comments: