Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What the Vet said

Brak has had some diarrhoea, and is refusing his favourite Deli ham. The Vet found fluid on his lungs, so has prescribed a diuretic, as well as another medicine to prevent fits. He is still feverish and very ill. We were happy when he perked up enough to bark at the postman.

He is very ill though. The Vet is thinking in terms of an endocrine problem, possibly kidney failure which could be managed with a special diet for a while. Or possibly a diffuse cancer.

He is to go to the Lord Whisky Animal Hospital for blood tests tomorrow. I asked how long it would take to get the results and the lady said it would be the same day. If he has cancer or kidney disease to an extent that he will be miserable, I will ask them to gently put him to sleep. I love my little blonde friend and don't want him to go, but I can't bear him to suffer, so I will do what has to be done when the Vet tells me it is time.

See how lovingly he watched over Wendy? He and she still have a close bond.
Wendy,Brak

No comments: