Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Brakkie's Health

I took Brakkie back to the Vet yesterday.  She isn't happy as he still has a temperature and his skin is much more inflamed.  She is worried about his excessive thirst in view of his age (? kidney failure ?diabetes) but on the other hand, dogs drink more when they are feverish.

He is on antibiotics for the next 10 days.  If after 7 days his skin is improving but not quite better, I have to ask her to extend his course of antibiotics.  If there is no change, I have to arrange with her for him to be admitted as a day patient to the Veterinary Hospital in Dover next Wednesday so they can examine skin scrapings under a microscope and do some blood tests.

He is sleeping a lot.  He is cold and lies still for hours when I cover him with a blanket.  The only way to get his pills into him is to crush them and mix them up in some ham. He is peering through his eyes as if he can't see very well or that the light hurts his eyes.

I'm really worried about him.

This is how he looks now:
Photobucket

And this is his normal appearance:
Brak

Can you see why I am worried?  My poor little friend!

No comments: