Monday, October 26, 2009

Failed Google Adsense

I tried to monetise my Blog by joining Google Adsense.  I believe you can earn £20 to £30 per month by doing it, so I followed instructions and submitted my Blog address to them, and they turned me down for the following reasons :

We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below.

Issues:

- Difficult site navigation

Further detail:

Difficult site navigation: While reviewing meezermagic.blogspot.com, we
found that your site was down. Google ads may not be published on a site
that is not fully launched, functioning, or easily navigable.

My site wasn't down.  I have been working on it all evening.  Also, Blogger is powered by Google, so if my Blog was down, it was them who host it.  A difficulty with one of their servers perhaps?

As for difficult site navigation, I am using one of their templates.  I have personalised it by choosing colours, but the layout is theirs, so I am at a loss to understand why they have a problem.  

Perhaps its just not meant to be.  After all, this is a family blog, and of very little use or interest to anyone outside the family.  I don't suppose it would generate enough advert clicks to be profitable to the advertisers.  

So I guess its Back to the Drawing Board.

No comments: