Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sunday

On Sunday, Sean and I picked Wendy up then took her for a jolly good run around in Augusta Gardens. When a fair bit of her energy had been released, we took her to call in at my Mum's.

At Gummi's House, drinking "tea" that Wendy made.
Photobucket

Checking the progress of her seedlings
Photobucket

Josie was still jetlagged in this photo. She is finding that the journey to and from South Africa is becoming ever more taxing on her strength. She loves going and seeing the family, but its getting harder for her to do.
Photobucket

Feeding the birds - she loves doing that.
Photobucket

At Lathe Barn, she had a lot of fun throwing sand over Sean and me
Photobucket

Something happened at Lathe Barn that I'm not too happy about. There is an alcohol based hand sanitiser outside the shop. Wendy ran to use it after I had washed her hands in the Ladies. She pressed the button and some spurted out and got in her eye. Luckily I had a big bottle of mineral water in my hand. As she began screaming, I grabbed her and laid her across my lap and flushed that eye out with lots of water. She hated it and so did I. It had to be done though. I was quite shaken up. When the crisis was over, I bought her an ice cream and took the opportunity to tell the staff, very sotto voce. Not trying to be belligerent or start a fight. I was just giving them information about an unsafe area on the premises. They barely seemed to register what I was saying. There was an offhand remark about kids always using too much.

I accept that it is the parents responsibility to watch children and keep them safe, but Wendy was too quick for me. I was washing my own hands in the Ladies, and I saw her running to the hand sanitiser and told her to wait until I came to help her, but by that time the damage was done. I don't really know what they could do about it, except reposition it higher up - but I thought they might have shown a little concern.

We had a good time after all that though, so I suppose alls well that ends well.

Photobucket

No comments: