Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wednesdays Tale

Yesterday I weighed myself on the machine at the chemist where I had weighed myself before, and I discovered that I have lost 4.4kg. Of course, being so fat to start with, it isn't really noticeable, but I feel a sense of triumph anyway. If a skinny person loss the same amount, everyone would notice. It is my Slimming World meeting tonight.

Sean's Party is on Saturday and he is doing a lot of work on invitations and arrangements for food and music etc.

I have been looking for a suitable outfit to wear to the party and I hope I now have the right combination of things to choose from, no matter what the weather does. I have never had much confidence in buying clothes, mostly because I get impatient and just take anything that fits comfortably, as I get fed up with shops and fitting rooms. I do a fair bit by mail order, and was very pleased with some Hush Puppies from Littlewards. I got stuff from Wynsors too, and again I was very pleased. I will have to go to town to get a new bra to wear with my V necked blouses as my existing ones are visible when wearing those blouses. Young girls don't seem to mind, but I feel that underwear should be kept out of sight, even if it IS clean and paid for.

Caelyn is very tired and is craving sleep. Her face is puffy and she doesn't look well, and the baby is due any day now. The last few weeks of pregnancy are heavy going. Nigel had to see the Dr for the first time since they moved house. He hates going to a Dr, but he felt so rough with a chest infection that he had no choice. He is on antibiotics and doesn't look too well himself at the moment.

My mother is having a South African friend of long standing to stay with her and she is looking forward to Margaret's visit. Talking of visits, my brother Stephen and his wife are coming from Australia for a visit too, and we are very excited about that. Their website is HERE. They have a great little business of providing top quality holiday accommodation for tourists. It is a beautiful part of the world.

Finally (things to do) a bit about Wendy. She isn't too sure about mummy having another baby, and she has had a cold, so she is a bit grumpy and demanding. Not all the time, but she is needing extra reassurance. Her vocabulary has really taken off. She now says 'perfect' as well as all the other things she says. Her Nursery School teachers are happy with her, and so are we.

No comments: