Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

Sean drove back from Downside and got home safely.

Yesterday I started with ME symptoms again and feel quite rough with sore throat, aching muscles and joints and nausea. I will have to rest up or I will be no use to Caelyn when she is in labour.

My mum picked me up after church and we went for a lovely drive in the beautiful Kent countryside. We came upon a pub in Bilsington, The White Horse, and we had their Carvery.

The meat was beef, pork and lamb, which were cut and served by the Chef. Aside from that, there were Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, new potatoes, parsnips, swede, runner beans, cabbage and carrots, plus gravy and condiments such as mint sauce and mustard. The inside of the pub was very nice but we sat in the gardens so that Brakkie could be with us. The service was very good too.

This is the White Horse Pub
Photobucket

After that we went back to my Mum's house where we had some tea and I sorted out a problem on her computer. Her garden is looking lovely.

Mum's Tulips
Photobucket

And dear little Jenny
Photobucket

Jenny is a lovely Oriental cat with oodles of personality. She's just great, and a good friend too. She has complete contempt for Brak and he doesn't bother her in the slightest. My own cats did a number on his head years ago and he is very respectful towards the feline species, which is very right and proper too.

He is having his dental work under anaeasthetic on Wednesday so Terrie is coming to help me bath him on Tuesday.

Mum's fruit and veg are coming along nicely too. She will be away when her raspberries are ready so I offered to take Wendy to pick some. She picks two at a time, gives you one and eats one herself and then goes off for another round. Wendy has planted a sunflower in a pot in Josie's garden, and is loving seeing it grow. Kate would like to do that sort of thing with Wendy too, but she is far too busy presently.

No comments: