Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My 50th Birthday

I was 50 on Sunday and had the most delightful Family celebration. It started on Saturday evening when Sean, Michelle, Caelyn, Richard and I went to Holy Mass at Our Lady, Help of Christians. It was reverent, holy and prayerful. It was good to be able to give thanks for all we have and are and for each other. I haven't done too well in my first 50 years but with God's help, I'll do better in the next 50!

After Mass we went back to my house for champagne and smoked salmon. Michelle got ready to go out with the usual flap, looking for this and not finding that.

On Sunday we went to the Red Lion on Hythe. It has new owners and a fabulous menu and a very reasonable price. My mum booked it and paid for it, and that after having given birth to me. I've often thought that as the mothers went through a lot, the child ought to give her a present rather than the other way round. Lunch was so good that we were there for 4 hours. After that everyone was beat!

I have made a scrapbook of the day but it seems there is a publishing hitch so I'll give you the URL to my online photo album so you can look at the pictures if you want to.

No comments: